Library | FAQ
Regulatory Bodies

Financial Services Authority (FSA)
The regulator for the Financial Services Industry in the UK. Find out from the horses mouth about relevant regulation and even search the FSA register of financial services firm.

Inland Revenue
The home of the taxman, at least on the web. Forms and relevant news for individual investors are generally available throughout the site whilst there is a section specifically for investment clubs at

Form 185(new) is the form clubs must fill out every tax year for Inland Revenue. Click the link below for an online copy you can download to your computer. Just right-click and choose "Save Target As" or open the page and click "Save a Copy" to save it to your computer.
Inland Revenue Form 185(new)
APCIMS (The Association of Private Client Investment Managers and Stockbrokers)
APCIMS is the trade association of more than 250 firms who, on more than 400 sites across the UK and Ireland, deal in stocks and shares for private investors.

IMA (The Investment Management Association)
The IMA is the trade body for the UK Investment Industry, comprising Fund Managers, Unit Trust Managers and Investment Fund Managers. The IMA's members manage over 2,000 billion worth of assets.

ifs Proshare
The independent organisation that promotes wider share ownership and financial education. Proshare actively represents the interests of the private investor at government level and is developing a wide range of educational programs.